Family or Romantic Vacation Kissimmee Beaches Florida USA
Kissimmee is a holiday destination best suited for family travel, owing to its endless sunshine, numerous adventures, and proximity to internationally-renowned theme parks. But no Florida vacation is complete without a seaside escape.
To recommend one Florida beach over another would be a great disservice, because each has its unique attributes that make it a favorite for certain groups of vacationers. You can even make your experience more amazing by watching the sunrise on an Atlantic Ocean beach, and then driving a couple of hours west to watch the sunset on a Gulf of Mexico beach.
If you are on holiday with your family, you will probably want to seek accommodation with Windsor Hills for a comfortable, secure stay. In that case, here are some of the closest beaches to some of the top Kissimmee/Orlando attractions.
1. Daytona Beach Florida USA
Only 45 minutes east of Orlando, Daytona beach is the perfect place for lively young adults to daybreak to on the Atlantic Ocean between Cocoa Beach to the south and St. Augustine to the north. Besides this, the beach authorities allow visitors to drive directly onto the beach strand and erect a tent for the day – for a small fee.
When you’re done sunbathing at the beach-side, there is a selection of nightclubs or local bars for a high energy evening. If you happen to visit Florida in early March or late October, you can enjoy some rallies held here – the home to the Daytona 500 NASCAR race. Other events at the beach include;
- Speedweeks – qualifier races for major future races – held at the International Speedway in February
- Bike Week – held in March, motorcyclists from different places converge at the beach for a week of camaraderie and motorcycle appreciation.
- Spring break – also in March, many young adults visit the beach during their spring holidays from universities
- Black college re-union – usually held in March, thousands of African-Americans and other people of African descent converge here for a weekend
- LPGA Sprint Titleholders Championship – a golf tournament held in April
- Coke Zero 400 – a July event held at the Daytona International Speedway
- Biketoberfest – a rapidly growing biker comity held in October
- Annual Daytona turkey Run Antique Carshow and Swap Meet – a 3-day event held in November starting on Thanksgiving day
2. Cocoa Beach Florida USA
Also located less than an hour away from Orlando, on the east coast of Florida, Cocoa Beach is south of Daytona Beach, offering close-up views of cruise ships at Cape Canaveral as you make your way to the beach. There are some steeply inclined beaches, but you can set up your beach towel a few feet from the shore where it’s nice and flat.
The beach has bigger waves compared to others, so you are likely to find groups of local surfers enjoying the waves. Occasionally beach-goers are treated to a magnificent view of a rocket launch from the nearby Kennedy Space Center.
3. Clearwater Beach Florida
Located on the West coast of Florida, Clearwater Beach is characterized by crystal clear ocean water and wide, white sandy shore for great family activities. There are no big waves here, but beach-goers appreciate the calm of the Gulf of Mexico as they lounge on a raft and float all their fatigue and worries away. Visitors can also choose different water sports, like para-sailing and paddle boarding, or beach side games like Bocce and Frisbee.
So, the next time you make a family or romantic holiday trip to Florida, make sure you visit at least two of these beaches on opposite coasts.